Monday, June 14, 2010

Zion


Back to work now, but Sunday's journey to get gas in Kanab (about 1 1/2 hours away) spurred a very impromptu visit to Zion National Park...Which just may be the coolest park I"ve been to thus far.

Because it was just supposed to be an informal gas and grocery trip with maybe a quick hike on the way back I grabbed my camera on the way out. SD card but no wide angle lens...so I was forced to take a lot of close up cliffface shots and flower pictures haha. Did see a condor though!




Can you see it?! Haha a bit far away but definitely a condor. Now I can give my condor talks without admitting that I've never seen one.








Weeping rock and hanging gardens were also pretty cool. Lots of golden concubines and other pretty flowers.




Photo of me at base of narrows (taken by Jesse). Unfortunately they were closed due to high water levels so thats on the list for the next zion visit. Hopefully some camping and more hiking will be in order as well.











Day off on Monday was spent hiking out to East Rim and down to Canyon spring. Not quite the spring we were expecting but still nice. Probably the most Pennsylvaniaesque trail we've done so far..and lots of mosquitos!
Hit Abbey's tower and the Nankoweap trailhead on the way back. real cool. gotta do that trail soon too. I shall post pictures momentarily but until then.... cheesy bread and bed...night!

2 comments:

  1. have to admit i didn't know what a condor was.. but googled it, and that's awesome you finally got to see one!! and those concubines are so neat looking :-)

    let me know if you want me to tell mom to send you some of her skin-so-soft for those mosquitos ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha smel your comment made me realize that I said concubines instead of COLUMBINES...thats what they are..jeez what the hell was on my mind when i did that entry ahha

    ReplyDelete